“…pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people.”
We are praying relentlessly. There is so much need for prayer and it can seem overwhelming sometimes. We don’t want that to stop us so we have created a one-stop-shop for praying for others during the Coronavirus Pandemic.
On this page you will find prayer requests from our community partners, top tips for praying and further resources on prayer. This page will be updated every 2-3 weeks with testimonies and updates as well as new prayer requests.
- Pray for the 25 (and growing!) adults who are supported through our “Elderberries COVID-19 Care Group”. That they would feel supported and loved at this time. Please pray against feelings of isolation.
- Pray for volunteers in the Elderberries COVID-19 Care Group and Anna Stuart as she leads the team. Please pray for wisdom, creativity and perseverance as they care for the most vulnerable during this time.
- Pray for Scott Marques, who leads the the Discipling Nations family of churches. (Discipling Nations is a family of churches mostly based in Zimbabwe. It is one of the apostolic spheres of Newfrontiers.) Pray for Scott and the the Discipling Nations leadership team as they reach out to care for those most affected by the COVID-19 Pandemic. Pray for Godly discernment in decision making and creative thinking as they distribute care packages.
- Pray for those who will benefit from the support given by the Discipling Nations family of Churches. Pray for those who are yet to receive help. Pray for God’s comfort and presence to be close during their darkest hours of hunger and desperation.
- Pray for God’s divine and sovereign will to prevail in the COVID-19 Pandemic. Pray for those who are suffering and searching during this time. Please specifically pray for those in grief who have lost loved ones as a result of the virus. Pray for God’s nearness and that His love would be revealed to them.
To receive our monthly church newsletter with updates click here.
- Where Do I Start? by Andrew Smith
It can feel overwhelming to pray for the big stuff. Andrew helps us to get started, catch his podcast recording and written version on the blog.
Click here if you would like to subscribe to our newsletter; we’ll send you a monthly email with the latest info from in and around Kingston, including ways to get involved and new prayer updates.